From Lethargy to Light
Mastering the three gunas through yoga
The three gunas—sattwa (awareness), rajas (energy) and tamas (inertia)—are the powers of nature that shape our human experience.
This online workshop:
- Explains the principle of the three gunas and how to notice their affect on our mental and physical well-being
- Each week will focus on a different method of moving from tamas through rajas into sattwa—using asana, pranayama, affirmations/mantra and meditations—so that you get the chance to fully experience the power of each one
- Looks at how a person’s ayurvedic dosha balance interacts with the gunas and how ayurvedic therapies can help bring both the doshas and gunas back into balance
- Leaves you with an understanding of how your yoga practice can be tailored to balance the gunas in your life
- Explores at the philosophy of the gunas more deeply, particularly in relation to the teachings of The Bhagavad Gita. How does the Gita describe the effects of the gunas on our thoughts and action? What does Krishna mean when he tells Arjun that he must go beyond the three gunas?
It is ideal for anyone who has some experience of hatha yoga and wants to delve deeper into yoga philosophy in a practical, experiential way.
DAY AND TIME
The workshop next takes place in January 2023.
Recordings will be made available to everyone who attends the workshop and to anyone who can’t make the sessions ‘live’.
£120 in total
If you have any further questions about this workshop, we’d be happy to answer them. Please get in touch via my contact page or email Bobbi at firstname.lastname@example.org.