Exploring the Vision of Oneness
This six week course gives an introduction to the philosophy of Advaita Vedanta, or non-dualism. The programme will cover:
- The undivided (non-dual) nature of your essence, your being, described in scriptures as Sat Chit Ananda, meaning Pure Existence, Pure Consciousness, Pure Bliss
- The nature of maya, or illusion—why isn’t the fact that we are Pure Existence always obvious to us? Why does a person believe so strongly that they are just a separate mind/body?
- The mental attitudes and practices that allow us to recognise and come to identify as that pure, free Being.
- The nature of manifestation—how the 3 gunas and 5 koshas cover the Self and create the human experience
- An investigation into the 3 states of consciousness (waking state, dream state, deep sleep)
- The significance of Om, the 4th State, and how meditation can be used to reveal our true nature
- The vision of Oneness—how a non-dual perspective can help us live with freedom and contentment in the world
Excerpts from various scriptural texts (e.g. Upanishads, Yoga Vashistha, the Bhagavad Gita and Vivekachudamani, also known as Light of Knowledge) will be introduced as part of the teaching.
However, the focus of this course is on providing the knowledge and the space for students to explore their own lived experience and practise seeing themselves, the world around them and the divine, ever-present Being as one indivisible reality.
£125 if paid before the end of December 2022. Or, to ensure your place, you can choose to pay a 50% deposit of £62.50 deposit now and then the second instalment of £62.50 will be due the day before the course starts. From the beginning of January 2022 the price will be £155. The split payment will still be available.